When looking for a wedding photographer, it’s easy to become overwhelmed. You want to find a photographer whose style is in line with your wedding style. You also want someone who is professional, experienced, talented, and a pleasure to work with.
It’s important to meet with the wedding photographer before signing a contract!
Your wedding photographer is the one wedding vendor you will be around the most on your wedding day. You want to make sure you get along with them before they become an important part of your big day.
Here are 15 “must-ask” questions you should take with you when meeting with any wedding photographer:
Will you personally be the photographer for our wedding?
- Can I see your portfolio?
- Do you shoot in mostly color, black and white, or both?
- How much experience do you have?
- Have you handled weddings of my size and type before?
- Will you have an assistant at the wedding? If so, can I meet him/her?
- Is my wedding the only one you will be shooting that day?
- How long will it take for me to receive the proofs and pictures after the wedding?
- Will I receive a CD with the pictures on them, or in another format?
- Will I receive rights to re-prints?
- What time will you arrive and how long will you stay?
- Can we give you a shot list to work from?
- Is a deposit required? If so, how much?
- Are there any additional charges not mentioned? (i.e., travel)
- What are the refund/cancellation terms?
About the Author:
Joe Atkins, Professional Photographer
Joe Atkins is a professional photographer based in Knoxville, Tenn. I have been a professional photographer for 6 years and have been shooting weddings and family photography for 9 years. I also work for a local advertising agency as director of broadcast, and provide HD videography services for weddings. I love that there are so many options for photography in and around East Tennessee, from the mountains and the lakes to everything in between. Capturing the emotions of your special day through candid and creative photography, JoPhoto is affordable, creative