Choosing Your Wedding Photographer
"Above and beyond the regular logics of choosing a photographer, make sure to choose one you gel really well with. There will be a HUGE difference in the final images you receive if you connect on the same wavelength. You'll know when you've made that connection!
- Larry of Larry Perez Photography, Nationwide & Destination Weddings
"1) Meet with multiple photographers
2) Check the quality of the album you'll receive (no thin, cheap pages)
3) View an entire wedding they've photographed (not just highlights)
4) Make sure packages are flexible."
- Dale of Benfield Photography, Fayetteville AR Wedding Photographer
"Brides, look for a photographer that fits your personality. Someone that will not only take the types of pictures you want, but is GOOD at those types of photographs.
- Steve of Steve Austin Photography, Alabaster AL Wedding Photographer
"Make sure you feel comfortable and confident in your photographer. They are a huge part of your wedding and will be there for most of the day. Talk to them, meet them if you can, before your big day.
- Jeanne of Vibe Photography Elkhart IN Wedding Photographer
"When selecting your photographer, take into consideration a non-traditional approach to photography. The candid moments are the memories that you will cherish forever.
- Rick of Cowboy UP Photos, New Orleans LA Wedding Photographer
"Wedding Photojournalist" seems to be a trendy statement these days. When you're interviewing photographers for your occasion and they mention this term, ask to see examples of their magazine, newspaper or wire service work.
- Michael Cope of Michael Cope Photography, Chesterfield VA
"Book early! Profesisonals book 12-18 months in advance!"
-Jason of Hudson Photography Arkansas Wedding Photographer
"Meet your photographer and see if you like their personality. You
will be speding your most special day with this person, make you like
him/her and not just the work."
- Kristie of kp studios Birmingham AL Wedding Photographer
"Consider booking your photographer as soon as you set you wedding
date and location. This will assure you get an excellent photographer
before they are booked."
- Michael of Michael J. Bain Photography Tucson AZ Wedding Photographer